Towards the end of September I briefly glanced over my plans for Inktober. I’m currently up to date with my Inktober drawings but I haven’t been posting them as I have been bed ridden with the flu and wanted to state what my plan for the remaining sketches before uploading them.
As I mentioned in my last post, this year I will be working on A6 bristol board but this time I won’t be starting in pencil first. The outlined rules for my Inktober are as follows:
- Use only my Pigma Micron fineliners in sizes 0.05mm, 1mm, 2mm, 3mm, 5mm and 8m onto A6 bristol board.
- Create a different “monster” each day expressing my mental health state
- I can not reuse any of the designs from previous a Inktober
- I can only work on a drawing for an hour before having to finish
- I can not plan what the monster will look like, it is entirely freehand.
- I can not discard a drawing and start over [No matter how much I dislike it]
- Once complete they will be posted onto Instagram and Twitter
- At the end of October all 31 drawings will be posted onto the Messy Miscreation Facebook page and here on the website.
I have set these rules to challenge myself outside of my comfort zone with using only drawing materials. These are new fineliners that have been recommended to me and I have been attempting to further my drawing skills over the past few months so this will be interesting. This Inktober will hopefully push me creatively and pave the way to my autism project in November.
Watch my progress at: